Sunday, July 11, 2010

Utah 14U STATE CHAMPIONS!



Chelsea's softball team played in Kanab this last week for the Utah State Championship. I know, a team from NV taking the UT title...a little odd, but who cares when we came out on top?!

Poor Chels had a meltdown right before the championship game started. All of the girls were exhausted. It was 101 degrees, 85% humidity. Miserable conditions and these poor chicks were in their third day of play. She was sobbing and said "Mom, I'm so tired. I'm just so tired. I hurt everywhere and I just want to go home." To which I responded, "I know, sweetheart. Now is when giving the very last of what you have counts. This is what it takes to be great. Besides, you've made it this far, wouldn't it be so much better to go home with one of those (beautiful trophies displayed artfully to give the players incentive to bust their rearends)?" In typical Chelsea fashion, she dug down deep, hit the mound with confidence and a killer smile, and game 'em hell.

There are two other really great pitchers on Chels' team who twirled like champs, but of course I'm hung up on the way my baby girl owned the mound. She was exhausted, but battled it in a way that rivals the greatest of the greats. Look out, Jenny Finch, my beautiful, freckle faced champ is knocking on your door. :)

Chels' teammates gave the last full measure to back her up. Their defense was one of the most beautiful sites to behold. These girls were one in their full force attack to obtain the win. The girls' spirits never waivered...and they wanted the title. Bad. Gotta hand it to them, they nearly killed themselves in their efforts to play as one and that kind of attitude always secures success.

WAY TO GO GIRLS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roog

Roog