
Today was incredibly hard. I said goodbye to one of my best friends, Cool. Some of my most carefree times were spent with this magical creature. She helped healed my heart during 2006. When the campaign trail got to be too much, Cool and I would escape by running through the hills so fast it felt like all of the bad, petty things that were happening couldn't come close to catching me in that moment. We've pushed cows together, shared many carrots, chased wild mustangs (and kept up), survived a horrible night when I was certain she would die from colic, enjoyed a wonderful sense of freedom when racing down a straightaway with the wind racing through our hair and laughter dancing wildly in the breeze, and most recently, loved a brand new baby every bit as sweet and beautiful as she is. This post is a dedication to the blessed moments I had with one of the best friends and comforters I've ever known. I love you, Cool. I hope your new home will bring you happiness for the rest of your days.
No comments:
Post a Comment