
To many, this will sound beyond silly, but to another working mom that misses a lot of the things her kids are involved in, it'll make perfect sense. Cam's class was slated to go caroling through the streets of Panaca. She called me and said, "'K, mom, be ready. We're leaving in five minutes." An hour and several classes later she called again. "'K, mom. It's real this time. We're going. Watch for me, 'k, mom? Promise you'll wave when we go by." With the promise given, I returned to my vigilant watch through the windows. They had two stops to make before they drove past our house(just like all of the classes before), the Panaca Market, then Dr. Klomp's. I saw them pull into the market, then on to the dentist's. To my surprise and utter sadness, they whipped it around right in the middle of the street and went the other way, Cam sitting at the back looking confused and waving at me just the same! I spent the next forty five minutes running to the windows every time I thought I heard the hum of a four wheeler engine. To no avail. With tears of frustration and knowing that I'd once again let one of my kids down, I returned to scrubbing the toilet. Between the tears and the flush of the toilet I thought I heard another engine. I ran to the window. Nope, just another sick-sounding truck. Returning to my duties again, the Spirit whispered to me to grab my camera and run to the door. I couldn't believe it! Just as I got to the door, Mrs. Roden and her entire class rounded the corner opposite our house...and there was my beloved baby sitting in the very back with relief to see that her mom had followed through. For those of you who understand, it won't seem strange to you at all when I tell you that tears of gratitude were streaming down my face as I clicked the shutter. Gratitude that, for once, I could share this moment, really be part of something that was important to her. I was part of her story, not just another listener while she relayed events.
No comments:
Post a Comment